Nov 11, 2011
Update on Miracle's growth
Week 28 : 1.5kg
Week 32 : 1,998g
Hmm... seems smaller than Marcus. But Miracle is definately stronger! His punches and kicks are really powerful! And he moves ALOT! Seriously... most active after midnight. Looks like another night owl. At this rate, how will i ever get any sleep??
Tried to do the 4D scan again, but Miracle is super camera shy. Haiz... looks like i got to wait till he arrives. Dr Cheng ask me to choose csec date between 27 - 30 Dec. Hmm... Miracle... which date would you prefer?
(PS: posted at a very interesting date and time)
Posted at 11:11 am by engxinying
Aug 1, 2011
Went for my week 17 scan on sat. Gender still unknown. Miracle was sleeping in cradle position, legs curled shut. Haha... Ken is hoping it's a girl. I want boy again leh. I knew Marcus gender at Week 14. Miracle is keeping us in suspense.
Detail scan scheduled for 3 Sept. I'll be week 22 then.
Marcus was pretty attentive during the scan. He watched the TV and kept saying see baby there... Hello baby. Hope he remains positive towards Miracle. When it was time for me to draw blood for the triple blood test, Marcus tensed up upon seeing the needle and kept really quiet. He also made sure that the plaster was on me and didn't fall off. Cute lah!
So far, i have not gain any weight yet. Miracle seems to be abit on the small side. After adjusted EDD, Miracle shd be Week 17, but by measurement is only 16.5weeks. Hmm... Am i not eating well enuff for Miracle to grow? I'll try to eat more. Appetite is only good before 5pm. At night, i can't seem to stomach any food. Everything puts me off. I'm still not feeling the 2nd tri burst of energy yet. Still feeling tired. But i know i must try to spend more time with Marcus before Miracle comes along. Weekend was great. We catched Rainbow Fish and Went to Biord Park on Sunday! What shall we do next weekend??
Pregnancy weight gain estimator results
Source: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Please note, this is only an estimate. See our article for more information about weight gain in pregnancy
You will probably gain 11.3 kgs - 15.9 kgs during your pregnancy.
If you gained the average of the range above, this is where the weight would go (totals are rounded):
Let's see if my weight gain in within these expected range. Marcus time, i gained a total of 17kg!!!
Posted at 12:56 am by engxinying
Jul 22, 2011
oh... i just felt Miracle moving!!!
From left to right... and like turning circles!!!
So happy!! I'm almost tearing. Haha...
EDD has been changed to the average of the pass 4 scan dates to 7 Jan 2012. Means C-sec would be ard xmas time!!!! Sagitarius or Capricon?? Hmmm....
Posted at 05:44 pm by engxinying
Jun 16, 2011
More on gender prediction
my response is in BLUE
Knowing your baby's sex: the folklore
Last reviewed: December 2009
There are plenty of myths, in each community, about how to tell whether you are pregnant with a boy or a girl. Here are some of the most popular, gathered from around the world - and remember, they've all got a 50 per cent chance of being right!
(If you found a bit of folklore worked out true for you, why not scroll down to the "ideas and suggestions" box below and tell us about it?)
You're more likely to be carrying a boy if...
• Your baby's heartbeat is lower than 140 beats per minute
• you're carrying all out front and your bump appears "sharp"
• you're carrying low
• you're blooming in pregnancy
• you didn't suffer from morning sickness in your first trimester so far no MS
• your right breast is bigger than your left ya, i think my right side bigger
• you look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute and your pupils dilate
• you crave salty food or protein, such as cheese and meat
• your feet become cold more quickly than before you were pregnant Yes
• you tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it moves in circles
• your skin becomes dry Yes
• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even Yes
• your hair has become more full-bodied and shiny during pregnancy Yes
• the hair on your legs has been growing faster during pregnancy
• you are more prone to headaches Yes
• your pillow faces north when you sleep
• you're asked to show your hands and you present them palms down Yes
• you lie on your left side when sleeping Nope... i sleep on my right.
• your urine is bright yellow
• you were the more aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived
• you eat a clove of garlic and the smell seeps out of your pores
• your previous child's first word was "dada". Yes
• your previous child (if a girl) looked more like a boy in her infancy
You're more likely to be having a girl if...
• Your baby's heartbeat is faster than 140 beats per minute
• you're carrying all round
• you're carrying high
• you've missed the "blooming" period altogether
• you suffered morning sickness during your first 12 weeks
• your left breast is bigger than your right
• you look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute, but your pupils don't dilate
• you crave sweet things, such as juice, fruit and sweets Yes
• you tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it swings from side to side
• your skin is soft
• you are more moody than usual Yes
• you're asked to show your hands and you present them palms up
• you were the less aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived
• you eat a clove of garlic, but you don't smell of it
• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is odd
• your hair has become thinner and dull during pregnancy
• you lie on your right side when sleeping Yes
• your pillow faces south when you sleep
• your urine is dull yellow Yes
• your previous child's first word was "mama".
Posted at 11:16 am by engxinying
Jun 14, 2011
Just for fun, here's a site that allows us to input our western gregorian birthdate and conception date and it'll find out your lunar dates for calculation of gender:
Woman's Birth Year: 1981 Month: 1 Day: 21 Time Zone: PST
Conception Year: 2011 Month: 4 Day: 20 Time Zone: PST
It's a boy! (Chinese Age 32 at Lunar month 3)
Oh well... let's see. I knew Marcus gender at Week 14. Means... another 5 weeks to knowing Miracle's gender. I'm hoping for a boy.
Cyn, Fer and SJ predicting it's a Girl. We'll see.
Posted at 03:31 pm by engxinying
Jun 12, 2011
9 weeks pregnant
If extreme mood swings leave you feeling like a drama queen this week, you're not alone. Hormonal fluctuations are treating your emotions like a yo-yo now. One minute you feel weepy and the next you're laughing harder than you've ever laughed before.
Yes.... fully agree! This pregnancy is making me emo and all. I get angry and fustrated easily. Also, darling Miracle (my nickname for baby #2) it's not that i'm denying or not prouf to have you, just that being more well-read this time... i'm feeling jittery abt this pregnancy and not ready to annouce to the world yet. But Granny Chia is very happy and blabbering non-stop to everyone and anyone that we are expecting a bunny by Dec/Jan.
Being emo is no good. I feel all lousy after shouting at Marcus over the slightest silliest mistakes that he makes. I have to remind myself... Marcus is only 2.5yo! Haiz... not good! I better start to control my emotions.
We drove up to KL and Ipoh this weekend and feasted on chicken, hor fun and beansprouts, white coffee and dim sum. Jack and his family joined us too! It's fun. 3 cars, 9 adults, 2 preggy and 4 kiddos. Impromtu road trips are good fun. Great way to relax. Heng i found my appetite and manage to enjoy the food. Even had a few mouthful of roadside burgers, my fav! Keke...
So looking forward to the next gynae appt!
Posted at 02:41 pm by engxinying
Jun 5, 2011
Fetal Development at 8 Weeks
The baby is now a little over half an inch in size. Eyelids and ears are forming, and the tip of the nose is visible. The arms and legs are well formed. The fingers and toes grow longer and more distinct.
Yes... i'm expecting #2. After successfully weaning Marcus at 19.5 months and trying for almost a year. We finally STRIKE!
Posted at 06:45 pm by engxinying
May 14, 2011
Yay... it's really a pleasant surprise!!!
Happy MOTHER's Day!
Posted at 10:56 am by engxinying
Jun 22, 2010
Mint : Hey, tuesday we thinking of watching Shrek or Toy Story 3 with tods. Wanna join us?
Me : Sounds good. Let me know the details. Who's going?
Mint : the usual suspects. Karen + Jo and Joanne + Rianne.
Applied for leave as i have to clear 2 days before 30 June 2010.
Too bad, Shrek no more. So we gotten tickets to watch Toy Story 3. Mad rush to wake up and get Marcus ready for the 10.35am show at Cathay. When we reached at 10.40am, the other mummies told that the show was delayed due to technical problems. Haha... i joked that they were watching for us to arrive. Keke...
Then, annoucement, due to technical errors, we will upgrade all patrons to watch the 3D version. No top up needed. Oops... how will 20months old kiddos ever keep the 3D glasses on? Nevermind, try lor. Since we already there. Marcus guai guai wear the specs for like a good 30min before he felt he had enough and threw them on the floor. I picked up and tried putting them on for him so many times, explainig that the specs can help him see better, mummy also wear, Lil Rianne also wear... but, sigh... he dun like the specs.
Throughout the movie, i bribed him with bread, cookies, drinks to keep still and watch the movie quietly. He sat through for a good 90min and finally, ass got itchy. He started getting fussy and wanted to walk around. Last 20min or so were spend going up and down the cinema stairs. Haha...
Overall enjoyable. He didn't cry due to the loud sounds or movie effects, in fact, at some parts, he even clapped. Haha...
After the show, lunch at Ajiteh. Then we headed to SAM for the children's exhibition. Great fun day!
Kudos to SMH forum for letting me know new friends. We can share freely our motherhood ups and downs and know that they can fully understand.
Posted at 11:48 pm by engxinying
Jun 5, 2010
Posted at 05:03 am by engxinying